Ensalada para quedarse en casa
I had some purple cabbage in the fridge that needed to be used and thought it would be nice to mix it with some beans and other veggies I had available. The result was a crunchy, refreshing and very good for your health. This is not necessarily a Mexican recipe but it does have some ingredients typical to Mexican cuisine.Print Recipe
- ¼ of a purple cabbage
- ½ of a red onion
- 1 Lebanese cucumber
- 1 green capsicum – or any other colour
- 1 sweet corn
- 250 grams of soaked and cooked black beans – replace with canned beans rinse them before use
- 250 grams of soaked and cooked red kidney beans – replace with canned beans rinse them before use
- Juice of one lime
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Roast the corn on a bbq or boil until tender. Trim the kernels off the corn using a knife.
- Dice the red onion, cabbage, cucumber and capsicum and place in a bowl with the corn.
- Add the black and kidney beans plus lime juice, olive oil and salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix content of the bowl
Tip: you can add agave syrup to the lime juice and olive oil in a jar, shake very well and use as a sweeter dressing