Governor Tacos, or ‘Tacos Gobernador’ in Spanish, are an explosion of flavours in your mouth.🤤
They are prepared with prawns and very easy to replicate at home.🏠
It is said that their tacos were created in a famous Sinaloa restaurant for the governor of the state and hence their name.
This is my version with fresh ingredients available in Australia and almost everywhere in the world!🤗
Governor Tacos (Prawn and cheese tacos)
- 12 corn tortillas preferably from La Tortilleria
- 500 g medium to large prawns raw
- ½ white or brown onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 green capsicum
- 1 tomato
- Mexican oregano fresh or dry - substitute with Marjoram
- 2 limes
- 250 g mozzarella cheese substitute with any melty cheese
- Olive oil
- Pepper and salt to taste
- Wash and clean the prawns removing the head and shell. Take out the ends and seeds from the capsicums and cut into stripes, cut the onion and tomato into small cubes, and finely chop the garlic.
- Heat a little bit of olive oil in a large pan and sauté the onion and garlic for a few minutes until it turns transparent.
- Add the capsicum along with the tomato and stir well, cook for a few minutes and add the prawns.
- Squeeze the limes and add the juice to the pan along with a little bit of Mexican oregano, salt and pepper to taste, mix well and turn off the heat.
- In a hot pan heat the tortillas, grate the cheese and add a little on each tortilla over low heat so that it melts a little. Then fill up the tortillas with the prawns.
- Accompany your tacos with avocado and your favorite salsa.
- ¡Buen provecho!