Drunken Salsa, known in México as ‘Salsa Borracha’, is very special and different because it we add beer in it! 🍺
And the best part is that most of the ingredients can be found outside of México.🤩
It is commonly paired in the north of México with ‘carne asada’. In other parts of the country, we prepare this salsa with ‘pulque’😋 instead of beer and some people like to add tomatillo, which is perfect to accompany lamb barbacoa.
And don’t worry, the beer only adds flavour as the alcohol evaporates. So, it’s suitable for everyone.😁
- 2 tomatoes
- 2 jalapeño chillies
- 2 serrano chillies replace with other green chillies
- 1 medium white or brown onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/4 coriander bunch
- 180 ml beer of your choice
- Salt to taste
- Olive oil
- In a hot pan, char the tomatoes, onion, chillies and garlic clove, turning constantly so that they are sewn on all sides.
- Put all the ingredients in a blender - If you get a molcajete or mortar it is better - and blend slightly with a little salt and a the coriander.
- Bring the mixture back to the hot pan and add the beer. Cook for 10 minutes or until the beer has reduced and integrated to salsa.
- Serve in a bowl to accompany your favourite tacos.
- ¡Buen provecho!